Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Apple Crisps

No, this is not a TFL recipe.. I'm working on the next round.. lots of sourcing to be done such as White Truffle Oil and some form of Black Truffles (or a reasonable substitute that doesn't cost $300 an oz.) This recipe is adapted from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook.. one of my all time favorite cookbooks. The Fannie Farmer cookbook makes it in a 1.5 qt baking dish (which I used to do - until I needed stretchy pants...). I now use single serving ramekins and I find the "crisp" topping keeps well in the fridge for the next time you get a hankering.

Topping:
3/4 c all purpose flour
3/4 c sugar ( I use less than FF)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 lb (1 stick) butter cut in small pieces


Place the topping ingredients in the food processor and pulse until it looks like wet sand. No picture sorry I was using leftover crisp topping and didnt think of it.

Peel, core and slice your apples.


Place them into ramekins that have been buttered or sprayed with non stick spray.


Top with crisp topping.


Bake at 350 until the crust is browned... about 20-30 min. This is so fast and so easy... and nothing artificial. Apples are in season. I use Gala, Braeburn, some Golden Delicious... choose your favorite and make an easy dessert.


See you soon. Canapes coming soon I promise. I have to mail some meatloaves first.

No comments:

Post a Comment