Friday, August 6, 2010

Blessings upon us, the Bounty of Summer

Hi There! At last post Bullet was resting comfortably and having good days and some not so good. I am happy to say that she is hanging in there and seems comfortable, alert and any attention thrown her way is gladly received.

If you are interested, I had an artist named Rachael Rossman paint a beautiful watercolor portrait of Bullet which will be arriving and framed very soon. Here's the link. Bullet's health and comfort, are foremost in our minds as we count our daily blessings.

Also, I had yet another birthday! Wow.. how can that be? Anyway, Liz and Byron came down and we enjoyed a nice meal and a few glasses of wine together. Liz made me this FANTASTIC apron... I just love it. I wanted "something Aunt Bea would wear" but she gave it some panache like June Cleaver would wear. If you're too young to know who I mean, it really isn't important. If you can't tell from the picture, those are hearts and dogs with spots like Bullet's!!  Whew!  Liz was really glad Bullet pulled through (for lots of reasons)

Next to WSH's it looks like a prom dress!


Anyway, I only have little bit about food until I finish the next post, which was selected by Byron from the Buchon cookbook. It will be coming soon.

Remember the beauty of Summer and how blessed we are to be able to just go to a store, or stop by a stand get lovely, delicious items like these:



Strwberries, Blueberries, Cantaloupe and Watermelon are my favorite summer breakfast. You can make it a special dinner salad with a sprinkle of feta, some toasted almonds and your favorite dressing. I like a sweetish balsamic:

4 T Olive Oil
2 T Balsamic
1 T fig Balsamic (or other fruit insfusion)
1T Maple Syrup
1 t thyme leaves
salt and pepper.

It's really good

The peaches will become peach cobbler tonight!
More T. Keller soon I promise! Enjoy your days of summer goodness!
See you soon.

PS the Birthday Fairy brought me a very nice camera that happened to be designed in a such a way that my hand hit the functions menu every time I held it. So another is in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment